We are “AlSur Expediciones” a Travel Agency located in Puerto Varas, in Lakes District, we operate mainly in Lakes District, but we have activities and services throughout Chile, we seek to generate a change in current tourism, raising awareness about the importance of the environment natural and cultural about the community, becoming an agent of change, improvement and development for the tourist destinations where we operate.
That is why we publicly commit ourselves to being an example to follow, complying with high sustainability standards, maintaining a high level of quality in the tourist services and products offered.
All our activities, excursions and services have the ecological vision incorporated into their planning and development, which allows us to exercise minimizing our environmental and social impact, incorporating the local community in the service process, and making known the sociocultural value of our tourist destinations in order that all our clients know and appreciate the Chile we love, its biodiversity, idiosyncrasies, traditions and customs.
All this makes the AAVV establish a commitment that responds to social and environmental demands that guarantee sustainable development based on the following principles:
- We are against the exploitation of human beings in any of its forms, especially sexual and particularly when it affects children;
- We provide equal employment opportunities to members of the local community without any discrimination;
- Supply locally and sustainably, favoring products that are friendly to the environment
- Offer the best quality of services possible; minimizing the negative impact that their tourism operations could have on the environment;
- Contribute to the integral and economic development of the community and local well-being;
- Contribute to the sustainable development of the tourist destination;
- Restoration, conservation and protection of natural ecosystems and native biodiversity;
- Restoration, conservation and protection of cultural heritage;
- Minimize consumption and make efficient use of the water and energy resource;
- Minimize the generation of waste and carry out responsible management; reduce the use of plastics and paper printing by 90%
- Being an agent of change, encouraging the articulation of key actors in the tourist destination;
- Encourage customers and suppliers to join in the effort to carry out their activities sustainably; emphasizing the importance of the ecosystem and biodiversity
- Adhere to global codes and causes that contribute to the sustainable development of tourism;
- Adhere to the principles of fair trade;
- Respect for local communities and especially members of native peoples;
- Ensure that the transport procedures carried out are as efficient as possible;
- Provide relevant, current and genuine information to tourists and travelers.